We live in a polluted world. Our environment, air supply, water and foods are full of herbicides, pesticides, chemicals of all kinds, and normal every day allergens like dust and mold.
Our organs and our bodies get worn down by all the extra work they do attempting to filter out all of the pollutants and allergens. The world has seen an increase in cancer, lowered male sperm count, heart disease, birth defects – including developmental disabilities and many other illnesses and disorders since the early 1900’s.
Here are some statistics:
- Over the last 50 years 70,000 chemicals have been introduced into our environment and only 3% of them have been properly researched.
- Our water supply is tainted with chemicals of all kinds, including the chemicals used to purify it for drinking.
- According to the World Health Organization 80% of all cancers are caused by environmental toxins and chemicals in our body.
- Over our lifetime each American will absorb or ingest about 5 pounds of toxic material.
Because of our toxic living environments, tissue acid waste and chemical and heavy metal residue build up in our bodies. Most ancient healing traditions recommend body purification as a means of healing and rejuvenation. Pimples, rashes, dark circles under our eyes, swollen achy joints, and blotched complexions can indicate a build-up of toxic materials.
All of the following improvements have been reported by individuals who regularly use detoxification methods, including Ayuravedic foot detox systems:
- Improved state of mind
- Clarity of thought
- Increased energy
- Increased metabolism to help prevent weight gain and help with weight loss
- Stronger, more balanced immune system
- Muscle and joint pain and stiffness relief
- Improved complexion
- Improved sleep, including relief from troubling dreams
- Addiction detox from alcohol, tobacco and other substances
- Heavy metal detoxification
- Detoxification of inactive viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus
- Release of stress and tension
- Improved body PH balance
- Purification of blood and lymphatic system
It is up to each of us to decide whether we want to continue building up toxins in our bodies. If we want to detoxify, Ayurvedic foot bath detoxification is a helpful method of improving our overall well-being.
- If you have a heart pacemaker, doctor’s advise against using Ayurvedic foot bath detoxification methods.
- If you have low blood pressure, it is necessary to monitor you blood pressure during foot bath detox.
- If you have high blood pressure, this process may decrease your daily blood pressure. It is necessary for you to monitor you blood pressure and medications on a regular basis.
Information taken from the literature that arrived with my personal detox foot bath. 2008